Registration Policies & Waiver:
- Refunds will not be issued for non-attendance at a scheduled class.
- Refunds apply when the withdrawal of a student is received in writing 1 week prior to the start of any season.
- Should Ready Set Sport find it necessary to de-register a child, a refund will be issued after deduction for classes already attended.
- A $15.00 administration fee will be applied to any refund issued.
MAKE-UP CLASSES & CANCELLATIONS:
- Whenever possible, we will use indoor space during inclement weather. If there is no indoor space available, there will be a maximum of three make-up weeks due to inclement weather (extreme cold, heat, or rain).
- Ready Set Sport reserves the right to cancel any program due to insufficient enrollment. Upon cancellation, a full refund will be made.
- Transfers will be accommodated within the same season as long as there is room in the class.
ARRIVAL & DISMISSAL POLICY:
- Parents/Caregivers must check children in & out of programs that are open to the public. No child can be left unattended before or after class!
- If your child is to be picked up by someone other than yourself, please provide a note to your child’s coach. Children will not be released to anyone unknown to the Ready Set Sport Coaches.
Ready Set Sport Waiver and Release
WAIVER & RELEASE:
Agreement to Participate in Ready Set Sport
Participation in all sports can be inherently dangerous and, regardless of the care taken to avoid injury, it is impossible to ensure the safety of all participating individuals. The game of soccer is no exception. In fact, soccer has many inherent dangers. It is a sport that demands cardiovascular fitness, coordination, and agility. Players may spend more than 45 minutes in intense physical activity and must be constantly aware of their surroundings (other players, goalposts, and the ball itself). Although soccer is not generally thought of as a contact sport, at competitive levels, it is. Although many risks can be avoided, some simply cannot.
While playing soccer, accidents do happen. Some of these accidents may be minor like collisions with other players, collisions with the ground, and being struck by the ball. Other accidents may be more significant like collisions with the goalposts. Other injuries may also include:
- minor injuries like scrapes, bruises, strains, blisters, and sprains;
- more serious injuries liken broken bones, concussions, muscle tears, and ligament tears;
- catastrophic injuries like heat stroke, cardiac arrest, and death
To reduce the risk of injury, participants are expected to abide by the following rules:
- all participants are expected to be physically fit before Ready Set Sport begins
- all players must adhere to the rules of soccer, thus creating a safe playing environment
- The above-mentioned participant agrees to follow the preceding safety rules, all posted safety rules, and all rules common to the sport of soccer. Further, the above-mentioned participant agrees to report any unsafe practices, conditions, or equipment to the Soccer and Smiles instructor.
I certify that the above-mentioned participant
- possesses a sufficient degree of physical fitness to safely participate in soccer,
- understands that he/she is to discontinue activity at any time he/she feels undue discomfort or stress, and
- has indicated in the “Special Needs” section any health-related conditions that might affect his/her ability to play soccer and he/she will verbally inform the Ready Set Sport instructor immediately.
I have read the preceding information and it has been explained to me. I know, understand, and appreciate the risks associated with participation in soccer and I am voluntarily participating the above-mentioned participant in the activity. In doing so, the above-mentioned participant is assuming all of the inherent risks of the sport. I further understand that in the event of a medical emergency, Soccer and Smiles will call EMS to render assistance and that I will be financially responsible for any expenses involved.
I do hereby consent and agree that Ready Set Sport has the right to take photographs of my child and to use these on the company website and promotional material without compensation. Your child’s name and identity will not be revealed. If you would prefer we do not photograph your child please notify us via e-mail.
WAIVER OF LIABILITY:
In consideration of being permitted to play soccer, on behalf of myself, my family, my heirs, and my assigns, I hereby release Ready Set Sport, its agents, and its employees from liability for injury, loss, or death to the above-mentioned participant while using any facility or equipment or in any way associated with participating in the activity of soccer now or in the future, resulting from the ordinary negligence of Ready Set Sport, its agents and employees.